The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Flight

=============================================

A gap of a month in posting new stuff on one's blog is definitely painful for a blogger. I have none to blame for this...except my lethargy. Good that I could get over this. Here is something new in the shape of a poem.

=============================================

On a mild misty morning
Before the dewdrops could dissipate
And the first light could illumine the boughs
She was gone, my dear yellow soul.

And the trees in my quiet backyard
With minuscule flowers and titillating fragrance
Waited eagerly and waited for days, but alas!
The bird was gone forever.

The yellow bird gone but lived on the spring
Lamenting, his muse had deserted him
There was no song now to transport him
Cheerily to the tranquil realm of bliss.

Forlorn, in search of a lost friend
He had now the world to wander
And every nook that could hide a soul--
‘Have you seen my bird, my golden fellow?’

The moan resonated every corner
The gloom reigned ominous,
The tears soaked the sky to drizzle
The breeze swished its heartfelt…

Offspring gone elsewhere
To the woodland of their choice,
They would never return, not even for a glance
To their ancient abode of shower and smell.

So the story ends here—
Ending her glorious epoch
The yellow little bird is gone
She’s gone forever, following her brood.

_________________________________________________

A. N. Nanda
Muzaffarpur
15-06-2008

_________________________________________________

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melyong said...

Hey, its good to see the poem.

I am always stalking for poems. 'cause you really make them so beautiful and touching, in a good way like connects to people's heart.

I am inspired. I honestly teared for this one. Love it and thanks .

8:37 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thanks, Melly. Thanks a lot. Your comment inspires me too.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home