The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Migration



M i g r a t i o n

=============


I'm in a lovely mood now
Let my friends know that
I'd stop bothering them once again
with that trash called my poems!


That said, now I wield my pen

To scribble my words as I may

I know, my prose would make them happy

That’s left in their lives—so very prosaic!


Just out of the warmth of womb, a child

Cries hoarse and doesn’t just stop

Is it her prose? Or just a poem of protest, so very loud?

Or yet another beat in the making of a discord ?


Here, in this deserted domain of prose,

where are those charming stuff to write about?

Tears, pain, sigh and struggle

Everything has just faded out.

----------------------------------------------------------

By

A. N. Nanda

Muzaffarpur

24-6-2009

----------------------------------------------------------

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melyong said...

How true... The blue days leave you with nothing but a cloud of gloom. It is so overpowering, it practically invades and take control of your life. I am feeling exactly that now. Why does your poem hit me there all the time? Hmm... got some thinking to do now.

2:12 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

The flair of poetry in prose, the ease of expression of prose in poetry, the depth, the profundity--sometimes I think they come of their own like those tiny but beautiful flowers on a bed of grass. I think one needs to scribble or say punch the keyboard even when he/she has no idea where that would lead.

Thanx Melly.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home