The Unadorned

My literary blog to keep track of my creative moods with poems n short stories, book reviews n humorous prose, travelogues n photography, reflections n translations, both in English n Hindi.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Shimla in White

------------------------------------
Today, the 22nd of December, 2013: Shimla witnessed the first snowfall of the season. Or rather I witnessed for the first time snow coming to Shimla. It gave me photo opportunities. It ended my long wait to see the all-white phenomenon of the elements descending in the hill station in all its glory, for I narrowly missed it last year as I landed here in mid February. Well, here are a few snaps for the blog. 
-------------------------------------
The Ridge Beautified

Cedar under Shawl
A Window View
जय वजरंग बली: Jakhoo Statue
Ordinary Extraordinary
The Landmark
The Hideout

The White Hill
Ashiana Beacons
---------------------------
By
A N Nanda
Shimla
22-12-2013
--------------------------

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rajeshwari said...

Respected Sir! All the pictures are wonderful,but I liked "The Hideout"the most.This picture is reflecting the poetic and artistic essence which God has bestowed on you in abundance!The picture takes one to some mysterious world of dreams!

12:27 AM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Thanks Rajeshwari. Somehow the day was a lucky one for the lense-savy people. I loved taking random shots and some of them came up well.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home